Monday, June 24, 2013

weekend happenings

Friday night my sister came over and we made vegan pizza. It was ahhhmazing. We topped it with cashew "cheese" and pesto, along with the required tomatoes and onions. 



Saturday was the great Poulsbo Beer Run! I will give a more in-depth description this week, but lets just say it was so fun that we had to take a three hour nap in the park promptly after our forth and final brew. 




Sunday we took on the outrageously fun role of babysitters for my sweet little niece. This girl is a trip, and not to be taken lightly. She's the only person I know who chooses just one topping for her FroYo. And the only one who makes me laugh when she plays s fun game of "let's scream really loud in the house for hours!!!" 



What, your hometown doesn't have a museum dedicated to insects? There was also a tortoise present...and a boa constrictor. Pretty solid Sunday!

What is the strangest thing/place in your town?

4 comments:

  1. That pizza looks AMAZING! Pesto for the sauce?! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! Pesto makes evvverything taste delish!

      Delete
  2. I was going to ask for the vegan pesto recipe too! I hate that store bought always has cheese in it.

    My town has a car museum. Okay, okay, it's the town over ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pesto was Isa Moskowitz's recipe from her cookbook "Vegan with a Vengeance." It has walnuts, basil, garlic, salt, EVOO, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice all blended up and it was divINE!

      Delete