Monday, December 10, 2012

Red Lentil Soup (Vegan | Gluten-Free)

| The Run: A brief 2-miler. I forgot my blaring, neon-yellow vest that shouts at drivers that I'm instructed to wear at night, so I had to head home after 15 minutes so I wouldn't get stuck in the dark. |

Oh, 'tis the season! For soup. Yessir, a nice hearty bowl of this business hit the spot last night. I've been striking out on soup recipes lately, which have lacked a lot flavor despite me feeling like I've loaded them with seasonings.

This recipe from Oh She Glows, though, did the trick. The flavor was perfect, and the whole shebang is quite filling. I used more kale than the recipe suggested since I had it on hand and love the stuff. I bet you could in other veggies too - I bet broccoli, cauliflower or corn would all be great.


In other important news, does anyone out there know of a Christmas Eve day run in/around Kitsap County? I just found out that I get it off work, and would love to spend it racing you. ;) Just kidding, but I would like to get moving before I enjoy myself a nice calorie overload.

Enjoy your night!

No comments:

Post a Comment