Thursday, February 21, 2013

thoughtsday :: 2.21.13

I love the fact that it's Thursday, when technically it should be Wednesday. Thanks again, George (Washington) and Abraham (Lincoln).

Here are some things that are rocking my world this week:

1. Lettuce prep: It's the small things, no? This is actually a semi-weekly occurrence, but I realized last night how nice it is to have fresh romaine on the spot. Romaine that you didn't pay an arm for by buying the pre-shredded bag that costs double a head for half the food. Romaine that stays crisp and green longer than yo mama. (Yeah, I don't know. My husband remembers his very first Google search being "your mama jokes." That must be on the brain.)



It's so nice to have quick and easy access to a healthy meal. If I'm feeling especially motivated, I'll prep a bunch of veggies and beans to toss in whenever I feel like I need to amp up my nutrients for that day. If I'm feeling unmotivated, I'll buy the stuff in the bag and call it a day.

2. Plastic tumblers: I don't know why it took me so long to jump on the bandwagon and get one of these suckers, but I am so glad I did. I drink a ton more water (seriously, like one ton) with this vs. the standard water bottle I used before. I guess the screwing off of the lid was just toooooo much work?


More water = better runs. Hallelujah.


3. A new blog for my reader, Pumps and Iron: I'm a sucker for quick-ish, at-home workouts that I can do with just this here body. Nicole has some great workouts that focus on full body circuits to just abs or arms. I've been trying to incorporate more ab and upper body workouts into my daily routine, since I am w-e-a-k. I appreciate her workout and photo layouts, as well as the fresh and clean graphic design of her blog.

I did this workout both last night and this morning, and my obliques and upper arms are feeling it today. Which is probably a really bad sign, considering this was not an arm workout:
Source: http://pumpsandiron.com/2012/06/25/12-minute-ab-workout/

Do you strength train? I need to get into a more consistent routine with this. I start it, keep up the habit for a couple weeks, and then put it on the back burner.

Are you good at hydrating? How do you ensure you get enough water throughout the day?

2 comments:

  1. OOo, thanks for the Pumps & Iron link! I am always looking for new strength ideas! I try to get in two sessions a week, but am at 0 for the week so far!

    I drink a ton of water when I am at home :) Traveling... not so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been going to an all women boot camp class a few times a week, its kind alike crossfit, with smaller weights and really good mix of cardio bursts and strength training. i love it and am seeing definition in my arms a huge plus!...i need to do more lettuce prep :) i think this should be a reoccurring theme on your blog.

    ReplyDelete