Thursday, February 7, 2013

thoughtsday :: 2.7.13

This week has been very sloooow. On Tuesday, I woke up and thought it was Thursday. Talk about disappointment.

I consider a Thursday a good day. It's not quite Friday, so it doesn't have all the "OMG, it's Friday, what are my plans? I don't have plans? Why don't I have plans" shenanigans, but it still has the "I'm going to hang out and have a glass of wine or 3 because HEY, tomorrow's Friday so who the hell cares" vibe.

Also, I get to watch his lady in action, whom I adore:
Leslie and April Get Their Hands Dirty




Has anyone else heard that this is the last season of Park and Rec? I know I heard it a couple places, but would really like it to be confirmed so I can continue to prepare myself for such a tragedy.

Here are some other thoughts of the day, because believe it or not, I do ponder other things besides wine and Ms. Leslie Knope.

1. WEIRDO WASHINGTON WEATHER. Seriously, Steve Pool is not coming through for me. Check it out:

Tuesday. all day. Wednesday. all day.
  
Thursday. all day.
Now, I will happily take Tuesday if it leads to Thursday, but it was a pretty wild transition. And please tell me that picket fence up there isn't overkill. And the sailboats in the background? It's too much. Except yes,  please I would like more.


2. Vegan and gluten-free recipes - they truly can be the bomb.

Exhibit A: Buffalo bean soup with dumplings and cashew cheese. Minus the cashew cheese (ain't nobody got time for that!). The dumplings are key in these bowls of spicy Frank's heaven. Instead of whole wheat flour, I used 1/2 cup sweet rice flour and 1/2 cup almond meal. The recipe tells you to roll them golf-ball sized, but I would roll them smaller so they're easier to get in one squishy bite. Unless you have a big mouth, of course.





Recipe: http://theveganpact.com/2013/01/buffalo-bean-soup-with-dumplings-cashew-cheese/



 Exhibit B: Buffalo cauliflower wing pizza with tofu blue cheese. This right here is where it's at, "it" being my taste buds being blissfully satisfied with 2 days in a row of Frank's. The BBQ sauce was also a great flavor. I had some caulis leftover as a lunch salad topper for the next day and it was great that way, too.The tofu addition was fantastic, except I had to leave out the miso and kelp granules since I'm lazy and didn't have them on hand. Make sure you squeeze out all the tofu water possible, or else your crust might get a little soggy in spots.

Instagram: brittawebb



 Exhibit C: Are there words for these? All I know is a disturbing drooling sensation whenever I remember these are in the kitchen. I think about telling myself to stop after 3, but then I counteract it with "but they're vegan, so God must have put them here for the vegans. Let the vegans eat!" Yeah...what she said.




#3. Valentine's Day. We are not a corny, lovey dovey couple. We love each other to pieces, but there is definitely no elaborate V-Day extravaganza going on in my household next Thursday. However, we do both like to eat, and making food at home is ruled out because I would at least like to be treated by someone else making me dinner since it sure isn't going to be my husband.  So, Thai food it is, and it shall be gastro-mazing.


Do you have any Valentine's Day plans? 

Are you a condiment/sauce lover on all things food?

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. I feel the same way about Oreos. I must eat them since they are vegan.

    Those wings look so good ;)

    No Valentine's Day plans for us! I bet we will end up cooking something or going out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wings were so good. I got more cauliflower yesterday so remake them this week by themselves as a side dish or salad topper. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I had no clue oreos were vegan. Interesting...

    This week was so long, I'm so happy it's Friday!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it makes me wonder about the "creamy" center...but not enough to stop eating them! I hope your weekend is off to a great start!

      Delete