Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 goals

A run: 6 miles outside in the suuuunshiiiine.



I've never been much of a New Year resolution-type person. This isn't because I don't think I have any self-improving to work on (ha!), but more that I just like to work on things at my own speed and time. However, I figured this was a good time to really nail down some projects that have been tossing around in my head lately.

Por example: the following. These are items that I would really, really like to see myself do in the near future. Now that I have them out there in e-world and in a more visual way (rather than stewing in my wacky brain), I might pay more attention to them and muster up the due diligence to try them out for myself.

So, hurrrr we go:

1. Make a tangible inspiration board. I really like the one found in that link. I have all the supplies on hand, and it would be easy to switch up the content when a refresher is in order. I need space like this to get my thoughts onto.

2. Properly train for my marathon without injuring myself. My next marathon is the North Olympic Discovery Marathon on June 2nd, and I'm looking into the Hanson brothers training plan. It's way different than my last one, which included three 20-milers. That plan went really well, but I'm totally open for a different plan that I've heard rave reviews of.

3.  World Vision fundraising. I'm looking into this for my above-mentioned marathon training as a way to raise money for mine and Scott's kids that we adopted through World Vision. I'm still figuring out the logistics, but I would be really happy if this pulled through. I'm not the biggest fan of fundraising since I know everyone is so tight on money right now, but I am a fan of doing something with my training that has deeper gratification than, well, finishing a marathon. And killer legs ( and I mean that in the "ow, my legs are killing me because I just ran 473587435 miles in 18 weeks").

4. Remain on my vegan diet until February...and possibly longer.Yeah. HARD. But I've tortured myself by choosing to watch all these "save the earth by stop eating animals" movies as a way to remain motivated for Veganocon and they're not easy to ignore. So I might not, and I will deal with it. We shall see.




4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how the Hanson's plan goes for you! I've heard lots about it but I've never known anyone who's used it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it - I've heard lots of positive things about it so I'm hoping it's a keeper!

      Delete
  2. I want to make that inspiration board!

    ReplyDelete