Wednesday, January 23, 2013

bringing the beat(z)

*I decided I'm going to do a weekly "running recap" of sorts once a week (it's looking like that will be Mondays), instead of the little updates whenever I blog. This will make the updates more consistent and cohesive as opposed to "oh hey, I haven't updated in 3 days so here are my runs that heaven forbid I don't inform you of." You get the idea. 


Today I'm discussing a very important topic - music! More importantly, running/workout music that can pump a girl up and make her want to sweat all over the place. Which is totally me, by the way. The sweat never ceases.

I mentioned the other day how my iPeezy wasn't currently holding nearly as many bombastic tunes as it normally (and necessarily) is. Thankfully, that didn't last long and it is now beefed up, thanks to suggestions from friends and ideas from Spotify. Here are my new favorite additions:

1. Tanlines: Not The Same
2. Tame Impala: Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind?
3. Solange: Losing You
4. Little Dragon: Crystalfilm
5. Florence + Calvin Harris: Sweet Nothing
6. Beyonce: Countdown (I still love her, even if she does lip-synch.)
7. Magic Wands: Black Magic
8. Bombay Bicycle Club: How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep?
9. J.T. + Timbaland: Carry Out
10. Calbin Haris: Sweater Weather
11. Yeasayer: Fingers Never Bleed
12. MSTRCRFT: Heartbreaker
13. Kid Cudi: Pursuit of Happiness (both the Project X remix and the original)
14. Das Racist: Girl (your first thought the second the beat hits will probably be IT'S THE KMART LAYAWAY COMMERCIAL!!!)
15. Frank Ocean: Lost
16. Cat Power: Cherokee

A good friend recently got me into Spotify, and I have to admit I'm loving it. I'm definitely in favor of searching for any artist or song, and having it pop up right there without a whole lot of sifting through different results. I'm not springing the whole $10 a month for premium, which will allow you to use it on your mobile device, but I do like it for when I'm doing computer or house work. You can make your own playlists, and even share them with your other friends that are on Spotify.

Before Spotify came along I was using the "playlist" feature on YouTube, which was the same idea - you just create playlists with all your favorite tunes/videos. I still use this for my workout videos, but like Spotify more for the straight music because the interface was created for such things.

Happy Hump Day!

I have to know - are our music tastes similar? Do the above songs make you swoon or make you want to throw up?

2 comments:

  1. I like recapping all of my runs in one day too. It just seems much clearer and consistent. I haven't heard of a lot of those songs but I really like others so I would say I've found some new music to listen to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope they work out for you (no pun intended ;) ).

      Delete