Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Happenings :: 1.21.13

A run: 8 freakishly awesome miles outside. What makes this so weird is that it was 33 degrees outside, and yet I felt great the whole time. I'm really hoping this is the beginning of me finally putting my big girl running leggings on and dealing with the cold like any mature adult. Yeah, we'll see how long that explanation holds.



Here are some snapshots from the weekend. I was confused with when I should do this, what with today being technically still part of the weekend due to the holiday. Then, I fell asleep at the late hour of 8:00 last night after a long weekend of celebrating marriages and birthdays, so writing a blog post was definitely not in the cards.


A Friday night wedding at the Lake Union Cafe:



We got a little overzealous with the photo booth. It was their fault for having such fun props.

My groom. He still doesn't know how to act when there's a camera around.

Ahh. A rarity.

3 wines and a water.
 This wedding was gorgeous. There is no other descriptor that accurately represents the whole event. The venue, the food, and above all, the bride and groom and their ceremony - all of it gorgeous. From what I gather, the venue is only available for private events, which they have done to an art. The decorations look like they're from the 1930's, in the most classy way. There's a dance floor, restuarant-style seating with both tables and booths, a beautiful bar, and a really nice sitting room. I'm sure there's a lot more, but that's all I saw, which is impressive enough that I paid attention to all that anyway what with the photo booth being present. Why are those so fun?!

a Saturday night "Mannliest Man" birthday party:



This was a blast of a party. The hostess has been one of my nearest and dearest since forever ago, and knows how to throw a good gathering. Not only did she have time to make some of the most delicious (smelling) food (it wasn't vegan, so I restrained, but DANG it looked good) and decorate by appropriately taping various mustaches to the wall, but she also managed to find the time to grow a sweet 'stache.


What were you up to this weekend? Does anyone have today off for honoring Dr. King?

2 comments:

  1. WTG on the 8 miler! I want to see more of the wedding decorations. They sound super cool, from what you described!

    I did have the day off! We just had a chill weekend (book club and exercising, but lots of relaxing)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I SO wish I had more photographic evidence that this place was the coolest, but I neglected to snap any detailed shots. Aside from when we were waiting for dinner and for the ceremony to begin, my phone was tucked away. I clearly wasn't thinking that through.

      Chill weekends are lovely - especially when they're a 3-dayer! There's something about that extra day that makes everything seem extra sweet. :)

      Delete