Monday, January 28, 2013

weekend happenings :: 1.28.13

Happy Sunday! I hope you have had a faaabulous weekend. Here are some snaps from around here the past couple days. 

Saturday morning pancakes:

Those babies are vegan, gluten-free and contain chocolate chips, which basically marked the beginning of lazy Saturday. I kid you not, it was all I could do to not lay in bed the rest of the day. I use this pancake recipe from my previous blog, but ended up having to add in more water yesterday for some unknown reason.

A view from my Saturday afternoon run:
AKA, evidence that the pancakes eventually wore off and I got my booty out on the streets (in a good way). Despite beginning chilly and windy, there wasn't a drop of rain and the run was really pleasant.

Post-run lunch:
AKA, girl eats rabbit food. And loves it. Especially when it's covered in olive oil and spices, then stuffed into the oven for 30 minutes. I put this mess on a salad with BBQ sauce, nutritional yeast and sunflower seeds, and when my bowl was empty, I only wanted more.

Saturday night date:
This movie was incredible, and made me feel even more blessed to live in the country I do. I'm really bad at following the news, and missed out on a lot of events that were portrayed in the movie. I kept asking Scott "did that really happen?" until he finally said "this movie is a true story. Everything happened." Blew my mind. I researched a bit when I got home, just to catch up a little bit more. I recommend it.

Sunday night pizza date and concert with mi hermana:




We tried out Pizza Pi, a vegan pizza place in the University District of Seattle, and damn. Blew me away. We each got a side Caesar salad (100% vegan!) and split a medium pizza with half Southwestern and half Garlic Sauce Favorite. I can't even...it was just...gah, forget words.

After our meal, it was incredible to think we still had not seen the main show - The Walkmen with Father John Misty (yes, that's April from Parks and Rec.). They were both phenomenal. The Walkmen are a group of standup guys that wear suits and put on such a great show. Father John Misty is the old drummer for Fleet Foxes and is so dang hilarious. His dance moves are out of control.

What was the highlight of your weekend? This includes both meals and activities!

6 comments:

  1. i made those pancakes last week...great for my cleanse! and they actually stayed together unlike my first attempt at gf pancakes ;) i went snowboarding yesterday, definitely a highlight...feeling it today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your daily dinner pictures! They make me drool every time. Snowboarding is such a workout! I remember I couldn't walk the 3 days after my first trip. I hope your Monday goes well. :)

      Delete
  2. Pizza, running, pancakes, concert? I couldn't have planned a better weekend for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was fun, and then Monday comes so dang fast! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful run!

    I wonder what the cheese was on the vegan pizza! I have tried the mozzarella teese and don't quite dig it (love the cheddar teese though).

    Weekend highlight... hmmm... a solid speed workout and making cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cheese was indeed Teese! While it was definitely different than what I expected, I am in no position to be particular about any pizza. Now that you mention it, they didn't have any other cheese option - now I'll have to get my hands on some cheddar!

    Speed workouts and cookies = two things that truly go well together! I like your style.

    ReplyDelete