Monday, March 4, 2013

Hanson Brothers Marathon Training :: Monday Marathoning 3.4.13

That's a wrap for week 5. I feel pretty god coming out of it, although I am feeling a little more tired and sluggish than I remember being that last few weeks. I know that's expected, though, and what this plan is all about - teaching your body to run on tired legs.

And whew, these legs are tuckered. I went to bed at the ripe time of 8:30pm last night, and woke up feeling lovely. It's amazing how easy it is to listen to our bodies when they tell us what they want goshdarnit. Along the same lines as this, my appetite has also been raging lately, which has been fun. Lots of snacking, which is what, one of the 10 best things in life?

I've worn my new Brooks Ghost 5's the past 5 runs, and they've been great. I can tell I'm getting a blister on my left foot, but that's to be expected when breaking in new shoes. I love how comfortable they are, and that they're snug on my foot while letting my toes breath. I'll be sure to write about any problems I encounter, but for now I love them!


Monday: 8 miles at 8:04 pace.
Tuesday: Track time! 1.5 miles w/u, five 800's with one lap jog between each, 1 mile c/d.
Thursday: 6 miles at marathon pace; I averaged 8:05/mile.
 Friday: 6.16 miles, 9:08 pace. I beat my previous 1KM and 1 mile time on this one, which I wasn't expecting since this was a way slower pace that I've previously done.
Saturday: 7.51 miles, 8:33 pace.
Sunday: 11 miles, 8:37 pace.

 Here's what to expect this week:


What time do you typically hit the hay? I'm a 9:30-10 girl

1 comment:

  1. Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.

    The text in your content seem to be running off the screen
    in Internet explorer. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know.
    The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon.
    Cheers

    Look at my homepage :: diet plans for women to lose weight

    ReplyDelete