Monday, March 18, 2013

Hanson Brothers Marathon Training :: Monday marathoning :: 3.18.13

That's a wrap for week 7! I feel pretty good today, despite running my first 14-miler in a few months on Saturday. Contrary to the picture below when it hailed on me, we've had gorgeous weather the past few days, which is nice and spirit-lifting.

Here's what went down:



Monday: 6 miles, 8:38 pace.
Tuesday:
Speed work on the treadmill! 1 mile w/u, six 800's with one lap jog between each, 1 mile c/d.
Thursday:
7 miles at marathon pace; I averaged 7:56/mile.
Friday:
5.25 miles, 8:34 pace.
Saturday:
14 miles, 8:14 pace.
Sunday:
6.16 miles, 8:39 pace.

 Here's what to expect this week:



I've realized that tiredness has been weighing me down this past week, which I think means I need to drink more water. This may or may not be due to the fact that I don't drink water. (Intelligent, thought-provoking conclusion, no?) It's flavorless, it makes me burp (anyone else with me on that?) and unless I'm really craving it or trying to balance out my wine consumption, I would really rather care about not drinking it.  

Too bad there's this nasty rumor going around that apparently I need to drink water to remain healthy.

Too bad that's not even a rumor and it's totally true.

Too bad my bad self is going suck it up and buckle down with the H20 this week. 

Wish me luck! How do you get your water in throughout the day?

2 comments:

  1. LOL, re: the water! I hope you find a way to drink more! I have a huge 32 oz bottle that I carry around with me and try to fill up and drink 3-4 full ones throughout the day.

    Does the Hanson Brothers plan have you run your long run at marathon pace? I am curious, because your pace was so killer at your 14, and I wonder if I should try a longer run at pace sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, you and your water consumption are amazing!! The plan doesn't have me run it at MP, I really just ran depending on how I felt. I felt pretty good the next day, so I felt ok about running it at a faster pace. I think as long as you're not pushing yourself too hard and go with how the body feels its alright to speed things up. Good question!

    ReplyDelete