Sunday, March 3, 2013

weekend happenings :: 3.3.13

Friday night birthday shindig for my wild friend Amanda:



Saturday, LAZY day:
These pancakes were SO good.  I followed this recipe to the T and was definitely happy with how they turned out. I microwaved frozen strawberries and mashed them up to make sauce for a topping, along with peanut butter and syrup.


Yeah, this bread turned out phenomenal as well. I swear, I will be making this once a week. I just need to invest in more psyllium seed husks. I will have to do a full recipe post later this week that directs all attention to this bread.

Love me some bulk bin goodies. We needed a good stock-up.


SUNday, long run + bake grapefruit bars FAIL day:

Oh, Bremerton. You're no Bali, but you sure work with what you've got. This was how my entire 11 mile run was today, and there was nay a complaint from me.


See what I mean by FAIL? This is that. I found an awesome recipe for vegan lemon bars, which I adapted to accommodate my never-ending grapefruit supply, and then whoops. Burn city. Good thing we have two spoons for the husby and I to get down on the gooey center as a Sunday night treat.

Are you more of a sweet or savory breakfast person?

What was your most recent kitchen fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment