Monday, March 25, 2013

Hanson Brothers Marathon Training :: Monday Marathoning 3.25.13

That's a wrap for week 8! It's been an off/on week due to this annoying sciatic nerve pain that had completely disappeared after emerging for my first marathon back in October. I think my 14-miler that I ran last weekend might have something to do with, as my new shoes are still feeling comfortable. I can't figure out what triggers it to act up since some runs have been fine and others it's shooting pain for a few minutes at a time.

I've tried out some new stretches, so hopefully those will start to show some improvement. I haven't let it get me down too much - the good thing about it is that I know I can run through it and it won't make things worse, unlike an injury or muscle pain.

Here's what went down:


Monday: 5.86 miles, 8:42 pace
Tuesday:
Speed work on the treadmill! .5 mile w/u, 2x1600's, 2x800's, 6:30 pace, .5 mile c/d
Thursday:
6.10 miles at marathon pace; 7:57
Friday:
5 miles, 8:25 pace.
Saturday:
10 miles, 8:19 pace.
Sunday:
6 miles, pace unknown - didn't wear my watch

 Here's what to expect this week:


1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I hope you feel better soon! I've never had sciatic nerve pain but have heard about how fickle it can be :(

    ReplyDelete